1 Medical Electrical Installations – and using HTM 06-01 and BS7671(2018) Section 710 (Medical Locations).
* This course provides 6 CPD credits in accordance with the CPD Scheme of the Royal College of Radiologists.*
This course is approved by the British Institute of Radiology.
Duration: – 5-6 hours in a classroom environment with an initial two hour summary session for radiographers and medical physics experts who are involved with medical radiological equipment purchasing and commissioning.
The course is for estates engineers, project managers, electrical contractors, medical and x-ray engineers and especially focuses on the relevant points for medical radiological installations. The course can be extended into two days to cover actual testing.
The new guidance has been structured to better clarify the purpose of final circuits and to compliment BS7671 (known colloquially as the Wiring Regulations). It is important to note that MEIGaN no longer applies.
The course is structured so that other healthcare staff may attend the course for the first session in order to attain a brief overview of the new document. It is important to note that the new NHS Premises Assurance Model (PAM) will now apply to electrical safety.
- HTM 06-01 Document structure, aims, DH general policy and how it associates with BS7671
- Associated documents and UK regulatory structures
- Final Circuits which include Medical IT (blue sockets)
- Earth systems and measurement of these earth systems for medical radiological equipment installed in Medical Locations
Courses can be varied to suit clients and are capped which means good value for courses with high numbers. Other staff such as radiographers and physicists will find the first 90 minutes summary session useful for advice on commissioning.
The 2017 (April) version of the Department of Health Guidance note HTM 06-01 which can be found on the following link:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-electrical-services-supply-and-distribution-within-healthcare-premises – This guidance document is listed with other HTM’s on –https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/health-technical-memorandum-disinfection-and-sterilization
The IET now sell a new version of Guidance note 7 on line and should be used in conjunction with BS7671 Medical Locations.
2 Medical Locations Ltd also offers bespoke training for x-ray and medical engineers on:
- x-ray generation
- medical locations – earthing requirements and purpose
- healthcare mains supplies and final circuits
- basic radiation physics – made simple for engineers
- regulatory frameworks including medical device regulations, Ionising Radiations Regulations and basic medical exposures regulation.
Please use the contact page for more information